Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spoiled Rat


I'm low on funds at the moment. At least until tomorrow morning when my check arrives at the bank (Amen for payday!). That means that the brood will have to do without some of their luxuries until then.


Correction: Wilbur will have to do without some of his luxuries until then.


See, he has decided to go on a hunger strike. Everyday, for the last three days, he has tipped his food bowl on to the ground. And I know why. It's because I started out feeding him those simple little guinea pig pellets filled with Vitamin C and that probably taste like cardboard.


His grandmother bought him this gourmet rodent food filled with dried veggies, seeds, and nuts with the occasional wholesome pellet.


On Monday night, Wilbur got a sunflower seed stuck to his two front teeth. I pulled it off and declared that was it. No more gourmet food mix, he was going back to pellets.


He hasn't eaten since.


No comments:

Post a Comment