Wednesday, March 3, 2010

To Feed or Not To Feed

I feed the dogs like I shower, once a day, in the morning. But that's now. I used to feed them twice a day. In the morning after our walk and in the evening when I got home from work. Even though I was portioning it correctly, they still managed to gain weight. After talking with their vet he advised feeding them all their food, once a day.

The problem? They have been eating twice a day for 5 years.

Now, when I come home I get no peace. None. There are bowls clattering. Hoarse barking. Eye batting. Tear shedding. Just all around mayhem. Every where I go Oliver Twist and Pip are close behind pleading their case and beseeching me with their eyes.

I guess, what I'm saying is that I'm not sure what to do. Who am I to say that they're not really hungry? I'm following the feeding guidelines on the bag and I don't want to give them more than that because we're not an active bunch.

What I do know is that they are driving me nucking futs over this new eating schedule and I'm about to give in just so I can sit down and breathe for five minutes.

Not that I can breathe now. I'm sick... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment