Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grandpa's Visit (or Why I'm a Bad Mom)

Grandpa's coming! Yay!!!

The pups are super excited. As they should be. They've never met Grandpa before. I always travel to see him and if you haven't figured it out already, they are a hassle to lug around. Plus, he gets to meet Wilbur too.

Now, I want to be excited but all I am is stressed the eff out. Just thinking of all the things I'll have to clean is driving me insane.

Plus, they all need haircuts. Ginger's so matted that I can't get a brush through her without yelps. So while they're all giddy about Gramps impending visit, I'm screaming like a banshee everytime something is put out of place (like that toilet paper roll that Ginger found God only knows where and decided to strew all around my apartment).

Needless to say, I've been sleeping worse than normal resulting in the occasional animal/human confrontation. This morning for example:

Klea: yawn and stretch
Me: "Move"
Ginger: "rawwrr. rawwrr. rawwrr."
Me: "Shut up".
Wilbur: "SQUEAK. SQUEAK"
Me: "Seriously?!? Don't I feed you every morning?"

I'm working on my attitude but I make you no promises. I'm already ready for this visit to be over so I can relax again.

No comments:

Post a Comment