Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Puppy Strings

All I wanna do is lose some weight. My jiggly bits are everywhere and it's quite embarrasing when you like summer clothes as much as I do. And I figure, if I'm going to get into shape then K-Dubs and GB should follow suit.

Poor Klea is at least 5 pounds over weight and Ginger is somewhere around 3. It's time for us all to drop some el-bees, ya know? So, I'm starting with their food. My sister and I came together and found a high-quality, low-fat food with better protein that's perfect for dogs with sensitive stomaches (Ginger). It's only $15 per 7lb bag! (groan). Yes, we split the costs.

Well, sis was kind enough to front me on the 50lb bag until Friday (Luv you!) and my apt was starting to smell like a kennel, so I decided that after their nice meal of super-healthy, bank-robbing dog food that I'd clean like a mad man.
Only, it didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. Klea kept turning off the vacuum with her nose (she taught herself. cute, huh?) and Ginger spent 20 minutes crying at the office door trying to get to Wilbur. So, I did what any self-respecting parent would do... I gave them toys to distract them. Then the gagging started...


Poor Ginger didn't stand a chance. I spent a good 5 minutes pulling pink strings and fluff from her throat. Some days, I wonder if I need to bother thinking about having human children.

No comments:

Post a Comment