Monday, December 28, 2009

Nowhere to Go

I took all of the pets with me to Mom's house for the Christmas holiday, including Ginger. I also took all of Ginger's possessions: toys, sweaters, grooming products, and food. Why? Because now that she's feeling better it's time for her to go back and live with her mommy.

But Mom didn't see it that way. Instead, she refused to allow Ginger to go back to living with her. What? You seem surprised. Oh, that's right. I didn't tell you. My mom is a self-serving, insensitve, overly-critical banshee.

That said, Ginger is still living with me and my brood. It's ok with me; I actually think she's happier here because she can roam the house freely (and I think she would literally die if she had to spend a day without Wilbur).

I hope my babies don't ever feel as unwelcome as my mother made Ginger feel. I know that feeling and it is very unpleasant. And I hope that I never make anyone feel that way. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment