Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are they ready for me to date?

Every parent forms a bond with their children. This enables the little ones to know that they can trust you implicitly. Without this bond, there is chaos and no trust. Without trust, there is no respect. Without respect, there can be no love.

I'm proud to say that my little home is filled to the brim with love. But as a single pet parent, I've had to work twice as hard to make sure my little ones needs are met. Basically, I've put their needs first for so long that I'm not sure I know what mine are anymore.

And that's where my problem lies. Yesterday, after coming home from work, I did what I always do. Walked the dogs, played with them, fed them, let Wilbur out to run around, cleaned his food, gave him fresh water, and spot cleaned his cage. By the time I began to cook for me it was 6pm.

Realizing this, I thought that I could shift some of this to the morning. But let me tell you, Wilbur is no friend of mine at 6am. He's actually quite the little bastard - kicking turds and such. So here's my dilemma: where the hell am I supposed to find time to date a human?

I know this question may seem unreasonable on the surface but I cringe at the thought of packing them all off to a kennel so that I can have some sordid weekend affair. Will "he" be worth it? Will the little ones suffer? How will I find balance? Am I using this simply as an excuse for throwing away NFL before we've even begun? Can I use "we" when we've not gone on a real date?

Ugh. You can see why I've come to you for help. Because as much as I hate to admit it; this isn't about my little ones. This is me looking for ways to justify my fear of a stable, mature, adult relationship - or at least the possibility of one.

Will someone please come and b*tch slap me into sanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment