Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mommy's New Room

Little Miss is having the time of her life in the new place. You can't really tell in this photo but the whole apartment is jammed as tight as my room is. It's weird trying to fit 1100 sq ft worth of stuff into 600 sq ft of rooms. But that's OK, Klea seems to be acclimating well.

At least before the night drags on. I've put risers under the bed to lift it higher. She can now walk under it without stooping but it's harder for her to jump up onto it. A plus for me. A HUGE minus in the Book of Klea. She's used to sleeping right next to Ginger or in her crate. Her crate is set up in the storage room. She's not about to sleep in there by herself. And Ginger didn't make the transition with us. I've noticed that she keeps checking every room; presumably for Ginger.

She looked a little sad when I left this morning. It's not the first time I've left her in the new place. Sunday, I made sure to leave for little stretches of time just to get her used to the idea. And yesterday, I was gone for several hours picking up new things for our small place. But today, she seemed to understand that I'd be gone all day. It breaks my heart that she will be alone all day but Klea is pretty easy-going. And she acclimates well.

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment